Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60525d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
I have this intermittently, but it seems to be only while music is playing. If you search the web this seems to be a frequently raised issue with how Google is handling their audio stream, but no one seems to have a recommendation that is a guaranteed fix and it appears to happen both on Carplay and Android auto.

It seems like there were a variety of suggestions including it only happening when the volume on the phone is set too high, reinstalling/re-pairing the phone, or just using a different app.

People report this happening on factory and aftermarket head units with both AA and Carplay, so unfortunately it seems to be a Google specific issue. If it happens constantly, perhaps try tweaking the volume to see if anything makes it better or worse. Does yours happen constantly, or only while audio is playing?
Thanks for the reply.

I have not checked it when music is playing but will do tomorrow. Also it happens to two Android phones I have tried so dont think the fault is with the phone.

Changing the volume doesnt really help as it lowers the voice volume but it also lowers the music volume too. I will try yo re-install Android App as well.

The problem is not a Google maps problem as when I click on Weather, the voice then is also distorted. So the issue is with Android Auto.
I've primarily been using CarPlay since my android device is my work phone but next time I have some time I'll look at it.

My initial thought is it's a Bluetooth stack thing. Different phones use older or newer BT protocols and some protocols might not be playing nice together. What devices/Android OS are you using? I do a lot of work with Android development for work I might be able to test with a similar OS and see if I can replicate or fix it. But just searching the net it seems a lot of people have mentioned it. I only had it intermittently but that was on CarPlay not android auto.