View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 09:17 PM   #43
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiceman View Post
Mine did the auto launch for a bit but no longer does. When I asked the company they told me to unpair everything on both ends and try again. Not sure why that would matter but haven't tried it yet. My iDrive also always defaults back to the radio from the aux so maybe I'm just hopping in the car too fast.
If you hold Menu to get into the Carsara UI when you first get in, see if it shows the device paired.

I've noticed at various times depending on how I am using my phone, it can take longer for my phone to decide to pair. I think part of that is just the standard bluetooth handshake, there is some latency in that transaction.

I was having some weird issues but re-pairing fixed it for me. If I ever get in and see it's not paired it won't show the Carplay (or AA icon) on the left isde of the carsara menu.

RE the default audio source: I think Cannyjock mentioned he had that issue as well. There are a few complaints on that (outside of carplay, just in general) on E90post. People seem to be mentioning everything from a problem with the keyfob to possible short in the trunk? Everyone seems to chalk it up to gremlins though I didn't see anyone finding a definitive answer for that.

It's possible the iDrive expects some type of voltage on the Aux channels to turn it on or it'll default back to radio?