View Single Post
      05-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #70
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerace View Post
Thank you guys for your help! I got a response from the shop and they fixed several of these, the car is out of limp mode now. It seems like the HPFP was not engaged with the camshaft. It still has a problem with the thermostat getting stuck in the open position. He'll take care of it next time I bring it in. As for now, do you guys know what I need to refresh the suspension? It has the Adaptive M, and it rides like shit, and a strut is leaking, so I'd like to replace the whole thing as nothing has been replaced and it's sitting at 135k. I'd like to use OE and not lower the car.

Car feels pretty good at the moment, except for the Thermostat that causes the Fan to go 100% and the Oil Temp to not move? And a new Transmission code:/
The oil temp doesnt move because the car is running so cold, it probably never gets over 160F. You can monitor your coolant temp to confirm, but with the thermostat fully open and fan on 100% i'm sure its low. The transmission code may be related, if that is also keeping trans temps low.
Appreciate 0