05-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #44
Stlblues
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Have you definitely seen a Koni option for Special Actives for your model? There are a handful of cars that for some unknown reason, Koni has not produced SA's. Koni-USA catalog isn't always complete. So if you don't see it there then make sure to check Koni-Germany catalog.

It's not that big of a deal because Koni Yellows set all the way towards Comfort are in the middle of the range of the SA's.

Based on conversations that I've had with Koni-NA, you could still use SA's with the drop of your Dinan springs. They said that the critical issue is not to have the shocks bottoming out on the stock bump stops which confuses the SA valving. So you should be fine if you use the shorter F80 bump stops. That goes for the Koni Sport Yellows too.
Thank you for mentioning your conversation with Koni on the Dinan spring compatibility. I thought I had remembered an old post of yours where they said it either wasnt compatible or they didnt know. Yes, according to their website, when searching based on my vehicle, they offer the Sport Yellows and the Special Active Reds.
I have the shorter Dinan bumpstops on my car now. Are you saying the F80 versions would be shorter/better?
Appreciate 0