08-16-2021, 09:16 AM   #46
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
I'm really surprised by the immediate "No" responses. My kids are grown and on their own now, but when they were living at home and starting to drive, my first and foremost concern was for their safety. Both of my kids were "nerds" by pretty much any standard. My oldest is now a Civil Engineer with her PE, and my youngest has a doctorate in neural psychology and is a director of a research lab. I tell you this for context. I bought both kids their first cars. My oldest got a fully loaded Toyota Solara, and my youngest got a Chrysler PT Cruiser. Had I found a BMW or Mercedes at a reasonable price at that time, I wouldn't have hesitated putting them in one. Cars don't make kids into "shits".
I don't disagree, though, you are saying your kids are not "shits" based on their education and now their careers. I have a degree, an education, and a good paying job, but can still be a shit to those around me and society :-)