View Single Post
      08-18-2021, 08:30 AM   #15
Djvxxs
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
Don’t bother with code scanners, jsut get an old $35 dell or hp laptop, amd get yourself set up with the factory diagnostic tools, eSYS, etc.
Noted, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
A custom order will generally take 8-weeks and you'll get a 2022. Best way to get what you want, and only what you want. 5-series have been in short supply for over a year as Americans continue to show their love for SUVs. I've had to ship them half-way across the country for people in a hurry, but most are patient enough to wait and order exactly what they want. Be sure to order the Multi-Contour Seat option. You won't regret it and it's very inexpensive. As a DIY guy you may be disappointed with the spark plug interval but it'll likely go 60k to 100k without any need for them. Remember BMW pays for all scheduled maintenance for the first 3-years or 36,000 miles, but that's likely only a couple of oil changes. Warranty to cover any repairs is still 4-years/50,000 miles. I've owned four different generations of 5-series cars and always find the Five is the best of what BMW offers. Quality and parts from a 7-series at a lower price and still built for a model with pricing extending to nearly $150,000. If you've already driven one and liked it, go for it. Where you live I might recommend the rear-wheel-drive version simply because I prefer the ride and handling over the xDrive. Have you driven both?
I’m basically the same in that I want what I want, now; but I’m willing to wait to get exactly what I want. I waited about 9 weeks for my F250 to come in and it was well worth the wait.

I agree the 5 series seems to be the best of what’s offered. I like the 7 series but I’ve already got a fleet of large vehicles and don’t want to add a sedan as ginormous. Honestly, I haven’t driven one at all. It’s not uncommon for me to buy vehicles I like off of looks alone in fact the aforementioned F250 was bought without me ever driving a newer gen Ford truck. I’m definitely leaning towards the RWD option. My truck is a 4x4 so for any situation where I might need 4 wheels the BMW would not be my go-to in that case. Plus, it does not snow here so there’s no need for AWD/ xDrive.
Appreciate 0