View Single Post
      10-06-2021, 08:05 AM   #86
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

I'm a financial adviser. What I've learned in over 20 years of working with private clients is that what people choose to do with their money after saving for the future varies widely.

My job is to make sure that your investment policy is congruent with your long term financial goals. In other words, behavior aligns with goals. We help people behave according to what they really want, not according to what they want right now.

With that said, some clients have expensive houses, cars, take big vacations, have vacations home, etc. It's all about your perception of value. We, on this forum value driving a BMW M car, for whatever the reason and those reasons differ also.

As far as affordability, that's also a matter of opinion. Some people are content with saving less of their income and plan to work longer. Some save more and plan to retire earlier.

I did not buy/lease an M car until I was 40. Investing in my business/working took priority. I didn't have time to drive for pleasure until I was 40. My situation is of course not universal.

Other than for conversation purposes, it's useless to compare our unique scenarios. We all have our own situations, goals, and values.
Appreciate 6
barryc3651959.00
Ocho3.00
MannyS363.00
rdasari87.50
Tyga113260.50
VisualEcho6642.50