View Single Post
      10-13-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
Nodrog29
Lover of fast estate cars
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI M340i (due Sept 22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patx View Post
I have the same problem, I have installed the retrofit and even without coding the green light of the button does not turn on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andebr
Hi, did you figure out why you had no light in the tow bar button after retrofitting the wiring loom?

Iv just retrofittet the electric tow bar on my G31, and i got no light in the button..

Best regards
Anders
It turned out it was all down to coding. A bit difficult for my old school mind to comprehend as I'd checked every electrical connection. Continuity tested everything and it all checked out OK. I had the retrofit instruction and was aware that the last part was coding but it was odd that everything could be connected correctly but still not working. No green light and no power to the button.

I had tried to download E Sys but struggled with the install something to do with tokens. I had been looking for anyone in the area of Devon that could do coding but there wasn't much. Finally I found someone and he got it sorted. Initially using E Sys but then reverted to ISTA P and whilst going through the diagnostic check it finally retracted.

So all down to coding and the vehicle accepting the new module. It's worth mentioning I had a used towbar module so it had the chassis number reset but not sure that made a difference. Wiring loom was new and towbar was used so it was a bit of a gamble but paid off!
Appreciate 0