12-19-2021, 01:08 PM   #109
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
The LED module for the front/rear door panels is inside a gray plastic encasing. It's difficult to get open but I used a tiny flathead screwdriver to pry it open. I ended up breaking it a bit for 2-3 of the door panels but the gray plastic encasing wasn't horribly mangled so it still closed ok after replacing the module. I'm not sure of an easier way to pry it open without any issues. Maybe using a metal pick tool to poke in the side tabs may produce better results.

There is a tiny little tab on each side you have to push in, then you can lift open the top cover to expose the LED module.

Be sure to disconnect your negative battery terminal as a precaution before messing with electronics in your car. I wrap a towel around the negative cable after removing it and wrap a towel around the trunk release "hook" so the trunk doesn't accidentally close with the battery disconnected.
I just ordered them, can't wait!

Thank you, very helpful to know how you opened the gray module. I actually didn't even get that far haha. I had trouble taking the gray encasing off the door. It seemed to be mounted pretty tight on the door and clear light tube. Should I just yank it off?
Appreciate 0