Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdr1v3r View Post
So update on this. Tried the CDV delete and fixed the problem. Every gear is smooth. After a little while of local driving first and reverse get a little notchy again and start to creep but not much. The worst of it now is still smoother than the best days before getting rid of the valve. Also helped a lot with taking off and shifting through the gears. Gonna drive it some more and give it more time to wear a little but still may change the setup as its still pretty aggressive for the driving I do now. Now the only thing left to tackle is the knock/thumping noise when shifting quick but I honestly think I just need to upgrade the trans mounts because even just driving if I press in the clutch and release it quick I hear it.

Anyone in here with a twin upgraded trans mounts?
Glad you got it figured out man. I had the CDV delete done prior to all of my clutch woes, but it's good to know that certain issues can be mitigated by it. Did you do the fishing method or swap it with one of the E92 slaves?

Transmission mount wise, I have you covered. I upgraded to the Rogue mounts last year as I was having a lot of what I'd call transmission sway on quick bursts of acceleration, as well as well as during "spirited" turns; made it hard to catch second as it would shift around under load.

If you look at the stock mounts, they're absolutely pathetic for a vehicle of this caliber. The Rogue mounts made short work of the problem though, and as a bonus they didn't introduce any additional NVH.

For Sale
Appreciate 1