Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post

We have an individual and collective voice that BMW cares about because they cannot exist without us buying their cars. Having many people speak highly for a brand also helps them.

So no, we are not people with zero say in what their direction is. They have seen more than a quarter of a million dollars from me in the past 5 years, and what they do going forward will influence how much of the millions of dollars I may spend on cars over the next several decades they get. And I am just one person.

My loyalties are already shifting to a purer brand like Porsche, instead of tolerating this diluted nonsense ///M is becoming. I'm buying a car and I'm buying a brand. And this brand is on its way down and is losing its appeal.

If you want to believe you're a helpless consumer, go ahead, but don't assume everyone wants to join that sorry club.
Respectfully, people who buy BMW 118 have a lot more say than you or I do. BMW is in the business of selling ///Millions of cars, not just ///M cars.

I'm not in a sad club my friend, I'm in touch with reality and reality says, a manufacturer which sells half a million "everyday" cars every year would care more about what that segment wants than the segment it only sells 40k cars to (I'm pulling figures from the air so don't go quoting me on it but the principle hold true)

You go on believing you actually have a say, and I'll go on believing in Easter Bunny - we'd be pretty well on par.

What is extraordinary about your comments is the fact that the brand you claim is going down, had its BEST YEAR on record; way to go down BMW 😂😂
You know who else sells millions of cars. Toyota. Honda. VW. GM. Nobody who is an enthusiast cares a whole lot about what they sell.

For people who think like us, it's the quality of the experience, the purity of the emotion, the story of the brand that matters. We don't care if they sell to 10s of millions or 100s of millions. In fact, it's better if there was a bit more exclusivity.

You know who doesn't sell millions of cars but gets more respect and adoration from enthusiasts than BMW? Ferrari. Lamborghini. Bugatti. Rimac. Koenigsegg. Even Porsche.

BMW had a great year, and my drop in that bucket was a 2021 X5 45e and a 2022 M4 Comp M xDrive. Whether I'm along for the ride for the future depends a lot of how much they dilute their ///M brand or not. If owning an ///M car starts to feel like owning a Toyota (from a brand perspective), Porsche is a very easy choice for my next.
I genuinely hope you'll enjoy whatever you drive be it a Porsche or a Ferrari.

My point was, and remains, it's getting tiring with all the love/hate comments.

As for who cares about Toyota, there are a lot more than you think. Enthusiasts come in all sizes and shapes. There are probably a lot more Supra and GTR fans out there than there are enthusiasts about all the manufacturers you mentioned, combined.

I'm not Pro, or against any single manufacturer or individual vehicle. I'm just against BS finding its way to these threads. You may or may not agree with me on this, but whether or not we love or hate this video, truly adds zero value to the thread.

That's my message, not so much the content of the video or how good/bad BMW is/was
kjx3215.50