View Single Post
      03-16-2022, 06:44 AM   #45
Daveyvtec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wataroo View Post
The amp finally arrived and I installed it today. Took some pictures so sharing them for future references. As I was told that the space behind the HU was tight, I decided to detach the glove box to allow more space. Some points and a question related to the installation.

As my car is a right hand drive, I shoved the quadlock and wiring to the left bottom side as much as possible by tagging them from the glovebox side. Shoving the HU back in place took some time but having the glove box removed enabled a view to the backside of the HU helping the process (1st and 2nd pics)

I didn't have the free unused plug like @pwaf13 wrote earlier, but an orange (3rd pic.) and a red cable (4th pic.) that didn't attach to anything. It's kind of strange that there are differences even though I bought the same kit. Vibe's manual is very simple and doesn't explain what goes where. I hope I've wired everything right.

I placed the amp between the glovebox and the panel underneath like everyone here. I used double sided tape for now (5th pic.). I initially didn't get any sound and had to unplug and replug everything.

Like others I was initially underwhelmed by the sound. After adjusting the gain, I played an uncompressed music through Quobuz app and the base was more apparent and tighter than before.

I was not able to code from base to Hifi using Bimmercode as I have a retrofitted ID6 HU. I will need to download E-sys and try again. Here's a question to others. Did you code anything besides Audio_system from base to HIFI? I saw a post before who changed AMPLIFIRE_VARIANT from Internal to External. Has anyone else done that? Also did you had to increase the gain after doing the hifi coding?

I am not finished yet, but do want to thank @Daveyvtec, @pwaf13 and @Jimmert for their very informative write ups.
No panic at all dude. Glad to be of some sort of help. Best of luck with it!
Appreciate 1