wataroo
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wataroo View Post
I finally got a hold of the right esys to code my HU, and changed the Audio_system from STEREO to HIFI. Also changed Amplifier_variant from INTERNAL to EXTERNAL. Not quite sure if the later actually switches the internal amp off or not. Does anyone know? I now run full front and HPF rear.

I prefer the above setting over what I had before. To me, vocals stand out more. There's less bass but I feel it sounds tighter. One issue I have is Carplay music volume is low compred to other sources such as FM radio. Hence I have the gains at max. I will probably play around with these settings but am happy for now.
No, the EXTERNAL setting won't switch off anything, nor switch the HU output from High-Level to Low-Level. It only affects the EQ.

You will find an in-depth write-up about the sound settings and coding here: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...n-most.437890/
I've finally found the setting of my liking. It's definitely a personal preference, but this works for me. After some going back and forth with the setup, I am very happy with this upgrade given the money spent! Your suggested link really helped. Thanks once again.

[HU settings]
AUDIO_SYSTEM > HIFI (STEREO was too EQ'd for me)
AMPlIFIER_VARIANT > INTERNAL (EXTERNAL didn't give me enough volume)
AUDIO_SYSTEM_VARIANT > VARIANT_2 (VARIANT_1 had weak bass and VARIANT_3 had too much bass)

[VIBE settings]
Gain at Max
Running front at FULL and rear at HPF

Note: Since I had already installed tweeters, this is not a stock base audio.
Appreciate 0