View Single Post
      04-27-2022, 06:47 AM   #25
nsogiba
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

Just finished up a PS fluid flush with this method and wanted to note a couple ways to remove more fluid and decrease changes of spillage:

-After siphoning out the majority of the fluid from the reservoir, a fair amount will remain hiding underneath the filter cover, which is held on by a Torx screw. Although you can't remove the filter from the reservoir, if you remove the screw you can slide the filter to the side and access a bit further in the reservoir with your turkey baster to get some more out. The screw threads into plastic - so finger tight only when reinstalling!

-Rather than capping the smaller port after removing the hose, I chose to pile a bunch of rags surrounding a small, thin container and drain the remainder of the oil in there. If you remove the reservoir from the clamp you can tilt it to get all the oil out of it - therefore no vacuum cap required.

I found that siphoning the reservoir with a turkey baster using the method above filled about an entire red solo cup full of old, black oil. Lifting the front end and turning the wheels multiple times yielded almost another entire cup! Great way to purge the system of old oil without wasting new oil trying to dilute it.

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey

Last edited by nsogiba; 04-27-2022 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
jvictormp919.50