United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoebimmer View Post
Functional for sure, but I think auto manufacturers are missing an opportunity by going with these iPad-like control surfaces.

We are bombarded with screens of many types all day every day. Phones, computers, tv's, etc. Getting in a car and driving somewhere is a refreshingly analog experience vs the virtual world many of us spend half the day in.

I don't want more computer screens in my car. I want to feel like I'm controlling the vehicle in a physical sense. Old school controls like buttons and knobs make the experience even better.
I think the sheer volume of available options and controls for all the vehicle features and vehicle status/information requires an interface like an iPad to control and access it all. That being said, the day to day tactile stuff such as audio volume, climate and wipers should be available.

I think with so much being automated (climate for example does not require much resetting on the go), physical controls may not be something most people miss.
I appreciate what the tech can do,but it's application should not overshadow he look of the interior. It should enhance it.
Appreciate 1
Ugly Kar443.50