05-07-2022, 09:55 AM   #15
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Howdy board. Here is the situation. Last year I bought an 2021 X5 loaded. My wife bought a 2021 Q3 loaded. She has a really bad back and hates driving her car. Loves driving mine. Big shock that. So she might be pushing in to my car and I don't want the Q3. It is a really fine smaller SUV and has all the right options. But is is sssllllllooooooowwwwwww. Lucky for me I can get most of the price out of it. Got an offer $5000 less than I paid for it from a dealer straight cash not trade.

I really don't want to go all in on a new car since i will still usually use the X5 also. But on days when I get the second car I want something other than the Q3.

I used to have a 540i and liked driving that. But it was loaded and hard to find one in the price range I want to stick with which is pretty much a straight across deal with the Q3 - $40K. I suspect I won't be as enamored by the 4 banger 530i.

Looking at the 3 series I see a lot of 2018 330is around and am assuming these are lease return. I'd love opinions on these and especially what options I should look for. I see it has a 4 cylinder 248hp engine and the numbers seem OK for performance. I don't race just don't like sllllloooooowwwww.

Thanks for any advice on what to watch out for or look for.
I have stenosis in my back and getting in and out of my 530e requires me to sit down sideways and then swivel myself into the seat (the car does raise the steering wheel when I turn it off). That works for me.

If your wife has a bad back she needs to check two issues: (1) getting in and out; and (2) driving (my wife hated the MSport suspension on my prior 3 series so I went with the adaptive suspension on my current 5er).

These are probably more important than the reaction to a 4 pot vs. a 6 pot, etc. Generally speaking, crossovers are easier to get in and out of than sedans and a longer wheelbase will give a slightly smoother ride. You might also want to look for adjustable dampers.
Appreciate 0