05-15-2022, 09:59 PM   #82
cheerio
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E61 + E36 + E90 scrapheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado.e9x View Post
Anyways, I think theres a possibility of running the car off F10 maps. Really the only difference spec wise is the weight. It would he nice to splice them into the E9X programming but I don't know that it's necessary. I think alls you'd need to do, similar to my situation would be to trick the engine, car access system (tied to DME) and transmission control unit into thinking its an F10. Theoretically.
I agree that the F10 maps would likely work reasonably well out of the box. There are a few differences like higher weight, greater track width, longer wheelbase, larger wheel diameter, and lower diff ratio, but it will definitely be a good starting point.

It’s not possible to use F10 spec DME/CAS/EGS, as the F10 uses a completely different CAN bus architecture to the E-series cars; they would not be able to communicate with any of the other modules in the car. There are some retrofit projects around which use an external box to translate between the F-series messages expected by the F-series EGS, and the E-series messages in the rest of the car, but I don’t find this approach very elegant, as I prefer to avoid aftermarket components where possible. Seeing the 8HP used natively in various other E-series cars, I think having it work here is tantalisingly close to being doable.
Appreciate 0