View Single Post
      06-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #48
jtalweezy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xdrive (B46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeF31 View Post
So my repair went through yesterday and on the way home the car suddenly started throwing low coolant and engine heat warnings, followed by limp mode.

Called the dealer and they flat-bedded my car to the dealer this morning. Turns out the connection at the block either wasn't seated correctly or failed -- hopefully the latter. The small puddles of coolant in my garage were right behind where the wheels sit so the location of the leak checks.

They're running a longer pressure test before I pick up again. Preferably -- because I don't want to have to take the time to bring this up with BMWNA -- without any issues.

Fun fact I learned (besides "drive in concentric circles for a while before taking your car home from the dealer"): BMW's coolant is blue, not the usual day-glow yellow.

Follow up: Apparently "wasn't seated correctly" describes the situation best.
This is where removing the ECU holder and snaking the line around the underside of the intake manifold is key. If anyone does this themselves and they pull the charge pipe and front engine cover/dust protector, you need to get a new charge pipe to plenum gasket. Removing the ECU and holder does not require you to break any engine seals/etc. Also, the plugs for the ECU are all keyed. they can only go back into the connector they came out of so no risk of plugging the wrong thing in the wrong spot.
2017 BMW 330ix MSport Estoril Blue - B46, ER Catless DP, ER Chargepipe, FTP Intake Charge Pipe, BMS Cone Intake, BMS OilCC, Bm3 Stage 2. FI Exhaust, xHP Stage 3 OTS Transmission tune. CSFRace heat exchanger. Performance M Brake kit. AFE Carbon Fiber D.A.S.
https://www.instagram.com/bfourtysick/
Appreciate 0