View Single Post
      07-15-2022, 12:45 PM   #102
topnutta
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyvtec View Post
Hi all, this isn’t a question, more a very simple solution I have found that I’d like to share and hopefully make someone’s life a little easier and their crap base audio system sound a little better.

Firstly, I’m not affiliated with Vibe. I’m just a guy with an F30 that has base audio and got to the stage where I wouldn’t listen to music because the sound system was crap.

I’ve seen a lot of threads in a lot of different forums talking about what upgrade can you do and what coding and wiring do they need to do so. I’ve researched the hell out of this so here’s my two cents for you all.

I just bought a Vibe Powerbox 65.4M with BMW T harness. It took about 25 minutes to fit. I had to remove the head unit so that meant removing some trim which was really only 6 torx head T15 (vids on YouTube of course). It came with clear and concise instructions so your technical level doesn’t need to be that high to hook it up. I placed the amp under the glove box between the underside of the glove box and the removable panel. It fit like a dream and no visible wires with enough room for it to breath.

I used BimmerCode to change my head unit EQ range to HiFi

As someone who’s always had good sound systems and was horrified by the quality of the base audio system, I can tell you that this upgrade is the best €210 I’ve spent. It powers the 4 door speakers and the two sub ls with no extra wiring.

Running the stock speakers, the difference is nuts. Although if you push them hard enough, they will crackle. I had to fine tune with gain on the amp for front and rear and mess with some settings on my Apple Music EQ but after that it’s just a matter of adjusting your bass and volume settings through your idrive sound options depending on what you listen to.

All in all this was a very simple and effective upgrade to a very lacklustre sound system. I’d recommend it to anyone and I hope this post does someone some good.
I have a 2018 F36 with an ENTRYNAV2, i took a punt and purchased this amp based on your comments and could not be happier. I didn't change the EQ range as the default actually gives me a much greater sound. Thank you, I've been looking all over for an easy upgrade and it doesn't come much easier than this

Appreciate 0