View Single Post
      08-18-2022, 08:19 PM   #80
nsogiba
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

As the day got hotter I just relaxed between sessions and enjoyed the cool A/C in the classroom. Since I am still relatively new to this chassis and setup on track, I checked tire pressures after every session to get an idea of how much pressure they were gaining. Saw this little guy stuck to the tire - luckily it wasn't mine.

Since it was my first time running at any actual speed on this track, I spent the majority of the first day with my instructor learning the track, understanding my line, and beginning to see my mistakes as they happened. As a result I didn't spend a whole lot of time paying attention to the mechanicals, which I suppose is a good thing since the car didn't complain much. The only issue I had on Day 1 was oil temps exceeding 275F and the iDrive yelling at me. It worked out will since I was ready to back off for a few laps to collect my thoughts and process how things were going.

My instructor and I discussed ways for me to improve, which mainly included not trying to correct my line mid-turn, braking later and more aggressively, and focusing on the apex rather than the turn in point. By the end of Day 1 he was comfortable with my progress and put me in the next run group (2) and signed off for me to go solo.

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey
Appreciate 2