View Single Post
      02-06-2023, 09:28 AM   #79
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Well I think I officially have an addiction to modding this car, but I won't lie, a major purchasing decision was the large aftermarket and a million things the F3X allows you to tinker with. I notice how much excitement it creates in owning my F30, researching and adding modifications to make the car driving experience more enjoyable for myself. Last week was officially 2 years of ownership for me, and I can safely say this is my favorite car out of the many that I've owned.

Here's a bunch of mods I added in last couple of months:

Euro Sun Visors:
Found a used set of these on classifieds, it's a very subtle but cool touch. No more giant airbag stickers:

M Performance Carbon Fiber Gas Cap Cover:

M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals:

Had the aftermarket, no-drill, chinese replica pedals for better part of the 2 years with the F30. Initially I was happy with them, they matched my OEM dead pedal, and felt good to operate. But as with all cheap reproductions, eventually you will start seeing their downsides. One embarrassing moment happened for me when a mechanic working on my car, ripped the slip-on covers off with his work boots, he then turned to me and asked "Oh, you have those cheap slip-on covers?"... I had to reply, unfortunately yes I do. One day I spotted one of the fake torx screws that's on the pedals for show only, rolling around in my floor mat. It undid itself from the fake cover and fell off. Anyways, I'm glad I got these guys. The job was fairly annoying, but I've read about it on forum DIY threads. Luckily for me I was able to prevent a lot of the frustrations of others by investing in the right tools. I bought cobalt milwaukee drill bits, which made smoking the mounting holes a complete piece of cake. Putting the lock nuts on the back of the pedals was insanely difficult for me, there's really very little room behind the pedal to fit your fingers. Glad it's over now haha, theyre not going anywhere:

Prepping to collect the metal dust:

The tools used, Ryobi Brushless Drill and Milwaukee Cobalt Drill bits:

Pilot holes drilled:

Pedals installed:

Last edited by toxik; 02-06-2023 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 3