View Single Post
      02-06-2023, 09:49 AM   #81
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Goldenwrench Blackline Coolant Beauty Covers:

Slowly dressing up my engine bay with more carbon fiber and orange bits to add to my already orange charge pipe and CF Eventuri intake. First up were these aluminum beauty covers that I sent off to my powdercoater to coat them same orange as the charge pipe:

Downstar F3X Engine Bay Dress Up Bolts

Got these during a black friday sale, not much to say about them, but I think they are really nice eye candy. Their orange beauty washers are a little more on the yellow/gold side than the rest of my orange parts (BBK/Charge Pipe) but I honestly don't think the colors clash at all:

ECS Carbon Fiber Strut Bar:

Another item I got for a great deal on Black Friday, just had it sitting around until I had some time to install it. First order of business was to apply my own custom ECS logo to the bar. I found the emptiness of just a carbon fiber bar a little lacking, I thought a logo would give it more legitimacy and make it look like an official performance part. I bought 3 window decals that ECS sell, to recreate their multi-color logo on the bar itself:

Finding the perfect center and aligning blue tape for application:

On to the install. I found it difficult to install and align the bar while fully assembled. I ended up taking the bar off the mounts and mounting them on the strut mounts first, hand tightening the M8 bolts, then bringing the bar over to set perfect angle. I tried my best to set preload as well, but with the tight clearance on B58 cars, I'm not sure how well I set it. Feels super sturdy and I'm happy with end result:

Here are some pics I took outside with better lighting than my garage of my final engine bay completed:

Appreciate 4