View Single Post
      04-13-2023, 10:36 PM   #8
Ivilla035
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hein Jockins View Post
I’ve searched and can’t find anything related to this. I have a hot climate package for B58 340 which, when the car is driven hard, kicks in additional cooling and brings my oil temps below operating temp. This is fine and great. My issue however is after sitting in the paddock for an hour and temps go down, the car needs a full 10-15 min of easy driving in comfort to reach operating temps before I bang on it. This is problematic when it’s time to go on track I either have to drive in comfort below 3k ish rpm for several laps or go drive around before a session for 15 minutes before I can go WOT.

My 340 isn’t my track car so this really hasn’t been a problem until I decided to take it out for the first time.

The car is tuned with bm3 which has a “max cooling” setting and this is not on. I presume this is just part of my hot climate package or possibly it’s just how the cooling works on this car I’m not sure but I’m desperate for a solution.
Sometimes I notice with max cooling mode is that when I'm cruising at super low RPMs, the temp rises. If I drive the car hard with some WOT, the car cools faster. Scared me for sure. Anyways, switch to motul xcess 5w40 or another thicker oil.
Appreciate 0