05-18-2023, 06:32 PM   #12
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
My requirements have kind of moved around in the past day just with new information. I had Broward County in my mind because that's just the area in which I had most direct, personal experience, but with all this new information, I'd be better served elsewhere. My agent said there's a new development called Westlake that is west of Jupiter, all new construction. But it's quite a bit inland.. like 20 miles or so I think he said. Really would prefer closer to the sea, to the point I can smell it on the air. I'm working on getting re-preapproved and will see where I'm at with financing, though. It may be that I have to go inland to follow more aggressive pricing. Every year for the past five years, I've poked my head out, started looking, got preapproved, only to get disgusted and just lease again... thinking to myself "next year should be better, this is crazy." Well each "next year" has done nothing but get worse. Rates are horrible, but rentals are over-the-top now, too.
Yeah thats waaaaay out west, basically as far west as you can go right now. I think it's actually further west than Loxahatchee. Probably 35 min to the ocean or probably the same to Lake Okeechobee. Never been to that community but I have seen pics of houses there and the community it's nice. Most of the houses I've seen there are closer to high $600k to $800k but maybe the ones that haven't been built yet are cheaper. If you like that area and those mega communities look into Arden. Similar to Westlake. The upside to those places is for now less congested, typically new or almost new construction and those communities typically have a lot of amenities. Also better bang for your buck out in the middle of nowhere.

The downside is you're in the middle of nowhere, although I'm sure more stuff will be built out in the area with all the houses out there now. They are mega communities so you have to deal with HOAs and fees etc, which may be worth it if you use the amenities, but not if you don't. We have debated buying out there, but for me with current prices, interest rates, added taxes etc it doesn't seem worth it to move. Plus we have the house in NC to get away from all the chaos here. I think the only way I would move is either a really nice house with huge garage and acreage out in Loxahatchee or a nice beach house somewhere else in like "old" Florida.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1345.00