View Single Post
      05-18-2023, 09:38 PM   #14
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
33414 but you'll need to drive to find great restaurants. Safe, interesting seasonal residents (equestrians) and great town services / well run. $500K might be hard to find though.

Westlake is too far west and everything surrounding it is rural. We are far west and its a 20-30 minute ride from us. That wouldn't be my choice, although tons of people have bought there.

I doubt you will find anything anywhere near $500K in Jupiter (or even Jupiter Farms with dirt roads). Tequesta is nice, not sure if fits budget. Maybe a little further north in Stuart. Make sure the house has either impact resistant glass or at least shutters. Also, check the roof age (better be under 20 years and preferably under 10) and prepare yourself for insurance shock.
I've already had to bump my budget up to $500k-$600k. Just not much available at all for under $500k, and what is available is wildly variable in upkeep and cleanliness. And it's hard to gauge a lot with just pics, but when you can see filth in tile grout from a low res pic, you know it's gotta be way worse in person. Thing about Westlake is new construction (who doesn't like new construction?). While I don't mind driving longer distances, I do enjoy living in city far more than rural. It's so nice to be able to step out the door and be minutes away from everything you want or need to do. Going to come down to a tough list of pros/cons that is restricted by availability. Price seems directly proportional to proximity to the beach, which I guess is why you seem to get a little more from Westlake than others. I'm sure they'll make that back in HOA, though.

Your recommendation of Wellington also falls in line with the recommendation of Arden. $500k's are doable, but far more properties are at that $600k+ mark it seems.

If I had to guess based on the plans, Westlake intends to try and become the epicenter of another fully developed town it looks like Wellington has become. Total guess, though. I'm winging all of this from a starting point of complete ignorance.
Appreciate 0