View Single Post
      05-19-2023, 07:50 AM   #1
Robstar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

2015 F06 M6 firm ride / hard suspension

I recently upgraded from a 2008 E60 M5 to a 2015 F06 M6. Amongst a few issues I'm having, one is with the suspension. The car does not have the Competition Pack.

The ride is super firm, bordering on uncomfortable. When I change from Comfort to Sport I can't really tell much of a difference and then into Sport+ there's a bit of a difference, but not massive.

Reading reviews, etc. before I purchased the car I had read that the ride is extremely comfortable and even during my test drive, I didn't notice anything off. Perhaps it was on super smooth roads. But now it feels like my old M5 when that was in Sport+ when the M6 is in Comfort.

Strangely on one occasion it seemed to suddenly (unless I was imagining it) ride very nicely and soaked up all the bumps with ease, but I stopped soon afterwards and it's never been like that since. I think before this I was playing with the steering setting when I pressed the steering button by mistake instead of the suspension button. I can't imagine that this would change anything with the suspension...

I've checked the error codes and I can't see any issues with the suspension.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I've searched many times and I can't see a single post with anyone complaining of this issue.

TIA!
Appreciate 0