View Single Post
      05-24-2023, 02:58 PM   #7
ZXMarine72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Update on Adrenaline SS HSS

For those that may be wondering about this trans fluid and looking for info relative to the ZF8HP. My experiences with this transmission fluid have been extremely positive. I had a drain and fill (filter change) done at 90k on my 2018 M240i. My car is stage 2+ tuned and has been since about 20k miles. I don't launch my car but I do drive it aggresively. I was starting to see a shift flare in 3 to 4 and so I pulled the adaptations. I had several that were a little bit out of spec but nothing terrible. I knew I needed to do a fluid change so after reading up on things decided I would give this fluid a try. I also suspected I might be having some minor issues with several of the solenoids. Instead of replacing those this go around I opted instead to try HSS and to add some lubeguard red during the fluid change (lubeguard is highly regarded on the Bob is the oil Guy site). All I can say is WOW. It made an absolutely stunning difference in the performance of my trans which has been running a stage 3 trans tune since they became available. Even in sport plus with the higher shift pressures the shifts are lightning quick and smooth as hell. You can feel how firm it is still but there is zero jerkiness that was previously present. Unfortunately since I added the lubeguard red on top of the HSS I can't really attribute this change to a specific product but I am absolutely blown away at the difference this made in the overall performance of the trans. I specifically "DID NOT" reset adaptations based on XPH recommendations and I am very glad that I chose that. This performance change is clearly not a product of software differences. It is 100% down to the fluid changes. Highly recommend if your trans doesn't feel like it is operating at peak effeciency.
Appreciate 0