Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 bmw 135i  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakevenom View Post
Hey everyone,

Sad day …car has 39k miles, garage Queen that I didn’t use cause I was working at home. However, I got the itch to modify and I set off to prepare before I tuned. Including maintenance items and more. A week after completing it shit the bed. The project that included new Michelin Pilot sports, new wheels, black lines, bilstein rear shocks, front lip, new pulleys/belt, new spark plugs, new coils, VRSF catted downpipe, wagner intercooler, Berk street axel back, VRSF charge pipe , new black badges and conservatively tuned with MHD stage 2 tune.
So I set off to do a test run first at stage 1. Couple of mid throttle runs then moved up to stage 2 …3/4 throttle (not even full throttle) engine light comes on. Misfire across all cylinders on 1st pull. Looked for boost leaks, plugs, injectors checked everything.
Couldn’t figure it …so I took to local BMW took them 2 weeks + with a 15 year veteran tech and the verdict?
Bent rod/hairline in piston cylinder #3 - need repairs that are too much $$ to bother keeping it.
Taking to a local euro shop to confirm once they do I guess I’m selling to highest bidder. Anyone looking for a loaded project car in Dallas Texas?

Note: BMW techs said there must have been a problem in piston cylinder 3 long before I pressed the peddle so just bad luck…
That’s such a bummer man. Don’t sell it though, one you can’t get much unless you part it out and I’m sure you can find a second hand motor or get a rebuild one. Idk. I feel your pain though. I’m sorry :/
Appreciate 0