07-09-2023, 01:55 PM   #11907
zeroy
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F45 - 218i 1.5L

Looking for manual...Phone audio issues

Hi all!

Got my MMI from Andream(EU) [https://www.android-car-dvd.de/] this week and just finished to install it in my 2016 F45 Activ Tourer (not easy to find a spot for the MMI!). For me the main goal was to get the Android Auto since my OEM SatNav is locked to Japan (im in Ireland).

Got zero manual in the box but I knew how to connect it up from looking online.... got the Android Auto working from my phone with WiFi (I assume its using WiFi) so this is great but now I have a few issues:
  • If Im on Google maps the Reverse Camera does not come on, need to exit from MMI, is that normal? Was expecting it to change auto?
  • The bigger issue is the Telephone Audio, I can call or be called but I cant hear the person on the other end? I have set the "Multimedia" to "External and "Aux" as I think you are meant to do but nothing... they can hear me fine.

This last problem is the same if I phone from OEM I-Drive by the way.. where I am a bit lost is with what should connect to what, I have BT Paired on OEM I-Drive from before the install and I have WiFi now from the MMI + BT Paired (I see its already paired in MMI BT Devices) - Am I missing something here?

From MMI:

EWM-BMCP-NBT04X
车载互联终端【TCU】
JUNS Model: [EWMCP-N726]

SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: EW_B2_1.6.9R3_n
MCU Version: 22.10.10.110
HW Version: B_N2_1_G

Anyone has a manual, Video instruction also for this MMI? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0