08-19-2023, 01:31 PM   #81
Mbrinker7
Rep
Drives: Bmw m235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerace View Post
Guys, I need a bit of help reaching this goal. Turbo died so might as well. This is what I believe I'll need:

Going with SpeedTech External WG Borg Warner SX-E 362 or 363? Trying to find the spooling differences between these 2 turbos. Also considering EFR, any ideas on what's better regardless of price?

I know Fuel-It is popular, are they the way to go for the fueling side of things?

Injectors? 9605 plugs? Coils? I've done some home work, but would really like some advice from some actual experience. Let me know what you guys think!

UPDATE 1:
Since the engine had to be replaced, I pulled the trigger on a Ghassan G700 and updated the goal to 700 since the turbo is capable of it. Idk about the transmission and other drivetrain components, but will do incremental tunes I guess and keep an eye on things.

UPDATE 2:
SpeedTech manifold cracked, they sent a replacement.

UPDATE 3:
SpeedTech pipe cracks, swapped pipe to custom from shop.

UPDATE 4:
437m wheels

UPDATE 5 09/20/22:
Ghassan engine was a huge mistake, it only lasted 5k miles with a mild tune and 16/17psi. I was running a log when the engine exploded, and even yet, he refused to cover anything. Lesson learned, do what everyone else is saying and DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. I wasted around 10k, save yourselves the trouble.

I ended up getting an M235i N55 built by BMB/Billy Mason, with upgraded valve springs, let me know if you'd like the list. The engine is delivered and currently being installed.

With this new engine, some parts are to be replaced:
VANOS Solenoid
Oil Pressure Control Valve
Oil Cooler

So far the car has:
FBO
VRSF Race IC
SpeedTech Stage 3
Borg Warner EFR 8374 Turbo
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP
CSF Race Spec Oil Cooler

Coming up:
Dorch HPFP lift kit, should I?
Port Injection/Intake Manifold, which one?
LPFP, build or buy, if buy, which one?
Meth?
LSD
Transmission upgrade, what to do here? There's a nice tutorial for an 8HP70 swap, anyone know if it's possible to swap for a 90/95? It's just sketchy to think that those upgrades from Pure will hold up all the extra power with stock gears and upgraded clutches. Not an expert there, but it seems like the beefier models are a better choice?
Once all bottlenecks are addressed, I plan on upgrading the turbo to an EFR 9280 or something like that.

With all that said, I guess the new power goals are 950whp as rated by BM, but we'll see how things go, as I've had terrible luck with this build.

Thanks again for all your help!
Hey idk if you got finished with the build but I have something very similar. Do you have an insta? I would love to ask a. Few questions
Appreciate 0