View Single Post
      09-19-2023, 03:38 PM   #163
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
I don't think you can win it all with a veteran quarterback that is in that 10 to 15th best range on an expensive deal.
I think you either need a top 5 (maybe top 10 with good drafting) QB who's good enough to overcome for all the deficiencies a team creates when they pay QB dollars, or an above average young QB o a rookie deal where the team can spend on all of the other key areas of the field and have a complete team.

Cousins is in that no mans land where he is good but not great but too expensive to put great around him.
same thing was said about stafford.

You need a top 15 QB to make the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, you need health and good coaching. Vikes havent had good coaching.

Its the same argument people like to say about Dak. Reality is, once youre in the playoffs, anything goes. Mahomes/Brady have skewed peoples perspectives on what it takes to win a sb and expectations for every season. Your best bet at making a SB is making the playoffs. A qb of Cousins talent can do that.

And the alternative to dumping a QB like cousins is you get stuck drafting qbs that dont pan out. 21 QBs taken in the 1st round over the last 6 years. Only ones that you can say are hits right now are Lamar, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, and maybe Tua. And only 1 of those has made a SB. Not great odds

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
lakefront568.00