View Single Post
      10-17-2023, 08:51 AM   #2
4JawChuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i SE

Since these cars have no real filtration on the fuel lines except for the sock in the tank I would suggest you have plugged injectors.

I’ve had fuel start to go bad (turn dark yellow) in under a month, I now treat all my fuel on every fill up because of how bad the fuel has become.

My elixir had been proven to work and after injector cleaning is done no more issues with misfires on multiple vehicles.

30ml of each these products added to the tank works, Marvel Mystery oil (breaks down carbon deposits), Seafoam (deposits and combustion chamber) and marine fuel storage additive.

My 128i with 60K miles had plugged/leaking injectors on 4 of the 6 that were tested before cleaning, one was so bad it constantly leaked fuel under pressure.

My wife’s Fiat fuel injectors took a few months of maximum doses of Marvel Mystery oil to get them clean, now it runs perfectly.

Todays oxygenated fuels oxidize very quickly so I don’t take anymore chances with storing it for any length of time.

I would pull your injectors and have them cleaned before you spend a bunch of time diagnosing issues, will to bet they leak..
Appreciate 0