View Single Post
      11-02-2023, 11:01 AM   #13
m3freak86
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

July 29, 2023

What's being installed: Autotecknic carbon diffuser, IND reflectors, Acexxon rear reflectors, and M Performance carbon gas cap

After taking inventory of all the new parts I had to install, I wanted to get warmed up by doing some simple cosmetic mods. Things that wouldn't take an entire afternoon in the garage, but still make a notiable difference visually.

Started off with the diffuser. The car came with some "Farbon Ciber" parts on the rear that were not up to my level of standards. Just some cheapo eBay stick on parts that I knew needed to be addressed immediately. Started off with removing the crappy diffuser and install the incredibly clean Autotecknic carbon M Performance style diffuser. There was no surprise that this was a superior piece to the part I removed, so it was an easy swap over. Simple unbolt and pop the new one in. Some visual differences overall, so I welcomed the change on the rear end.

While I was back there I also decided to remove the red reflectors that the US spec'd m3's got. Most go with the paint matched route, but I decided to go with something different. Since there are a few "vents" back there, I wanted to try out the inserts by Acexxon. This way, I wouldn't have to worry about having a perfect paint match and it would add a bit more character to the rear bumper. There are a couple choices to go with (matte, gloss, horizontal slats, hex). I decided to go with the gloss hex design as I felt it was the cleanest option. Popped off the stock red reflectors and popped in the new ones. Was very happy with the fitment and massive change it made to the rear. Very simple mod, but a must for all F8x!

Next up, orange reflectors. Oh boy, what an eyesore. These things stuck out like a sore thumb. I couldn't wait to get them off the car and get some proper painted matched ones from IND. Install was super easy as it required some heat to remove the stock ones and popped the new ones in. Now, I do have PPF on the car (including the front bumper), so I noticed it was throwing off the color a bit. I reached out to IND to see if they had any insight and said putting PPF on the reflectors would make it blend a bit better. I have yet to do this, and sort of just accepted the so so paint match. However, I have seen a few MG F8x's with the IND reflectors and it seems look just like mine as well. Either way, better than the bright orange pieces!

Last small mod for the day was something not many would see but myself. I am all about the details and truly believe these are the kinds of things that separate them from the rest. Any chance I can install an M performance part, I am for it! Snagged the carbon m performance gas cap and threw it on the bland stock gap to give it some character. Again, one of those things no one will notice, but it makes me happy every time I go to get gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NcQwD3hKkk
Attached Images

Last edited by m3freak86; 11-02-2023 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0