View Single Post
      11-02-2023, 11:57 AM   #15
m3freak86
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

August 1, 2023

What's being installed: Goldenwrench Supply Engine Bay Cap Set and IND Paint Match Keyhole delete

Small details matter. Again, one of those things that I feel takes an ordinary piece and makes it beautiful. The S55 engine bay is a really nice place to be. It looks great from factory, but we can admit, the caps in there are nothing to look at. I upgraded all my caps in my STI and loved what it did for the engine bay. I knew I had to do it with this one and thankfully, Goldenwrench Supply has a really nice kit for this car that really takes it to the next level.

Now, I do wish these caps were full replacements. Granted I realized the cost would be higher, I think adding a full replacement would take this to the next step. Although, they do a great job at adding some wonderful detail in a quick amount of time. Simply peel and stick! Very impressed with the quality of everything and love all the details etched into each cap. I felt the blue was a really nice contrast to mineral grey.

Next up was deleting the useless keyhole in the driver door. I don't think in any car I have ever owned, I have used the keyhole to unlock. Now, my parents cars back in the day, certainly yes. However, keyfobs and "keyless" entry has been around for quite some time and found the never used keyhole on the f80 was an eyesore. Thankfully, IND has the option to delete this and cover it up with a paint matched cap. Unlike the front bumper reflectors, this was a perfect paint match. Install was very easy and it really cleaned up the side of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9aAL_aMZQQ
Attached Images