Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Competition upgrades have not made their way to non-Comp models. You pay $5k for the features included in the Comp package so BMW will not provide them on the non-Comp. BMW in parallel has updated the dampers with revised rebound and compression damping (no change to sway bars), and shifted the peak torque to be above 2k rpm to improve driveability, however, I prefer the lower torque peak in my ‘16 M4. I’ve never had traction or driveability issues with my ‘16. If you want the changes included in the Comp package then you need to buy a Comp car. If you want a car that feels fundamentally different then buy a CS. CS is vastly superior to a Comp or base model.
This is incorrect. Sway bars are different on Competition cars as well. https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...16&postcount=7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylazy2020 View Post
I read a review in Evo that stated all the comp improvements made it to to the non comp as well which makes sense

I drove both and couldn’t tell the difference as both were so bad in Irish rain! But great fun!

The only real difference I’ve noticed is when I changed 20 666 wheels to 19/20 763 staggered.

Extra sidewall on fronts certainly helps around town etc.
Reading > you

When did "the standard car received a raft of (unannounced) chassis tweaks" become all Comp improvements made it to the non-Comp as well?
Appreciate 0