View Single Post
      01-06-2024, 12:44 PM   #35
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
Ebay strikes again... ( I remember. asking the seller if the steering wheel was heated)

So, I finally got to the bottom of the problem. The steering wheel isn't heated. The heating element is missing. The LRA has the pins for it ( I think) though, and has the vibe motor connected. I'm stuck with a steering wheel that doesn't do anything for me now. Any pointers? Can I buy the heated steering wheel and reuse the module that supports the vibe??

Here is the LRA module on my steering wheel. As you can see, the third connector in the middle is unpopulated and the wire going into the steering wheel handle is missing. All there is left is the wire for the vibe motor and the LIN and power upstream cable.

What I would like to know if this LRE module supports heating. My gut feeling tells me no but I can ask the experts here to set me straight.

No it does not.....

But, for example, if the part number's last digit were a '0' instead of a '1', then yes it would support heating. I wouldn't necessarily go get 61319218830 tho, but it would work.....

(see RealOEM catalog snippet below....)
Attached Images

Last edited by M_Bimmer; 01-06-2024 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 1