01-06-2024, 07:15 PM   #39
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooGQoo View Post
Good evening all from the UK.

It’s been really eye opening reading through this post, I’ve recently fitted and coded the heated steering wheel function to my brothers F22 which is without paddles but has vibrio. The only hardware I needed was the lower cowling and the headed wheel button, then just some coding via bummer code in expert mode.

This reignited the the want to do it to my 2011 F11 (with M sport wheel and paddles) I haven’t taken the air bag out yet so I can’t confirm if it has vibro or heating element already there however, when looking on realOEM it only lists my steering wheel with heating and vibro displayed on the diagrams and description. Sadly, I don’t have lane assist or active cruse but I do have sign detection and auto high beams (I’m mentioning it all as someone more intelligent then me maybe able to say if you have this then you should have that, etc). Anyway, I coded the heating to active via bummer code on my F11 just to see as I had my brothers heater switch to try, I plugged it into my clock spring unit (which had all the pins in it) just hoping that it would work but when switch on the button never lit up. After feeling so close but so far away I started to do some research to see what I needed to get it working, which led me to think that it could only be done to F10/11’s that had electronicly adjustable steering columns UNTIL I read this post and on one of your guys PDF’s states the parts that I would need to fit it to one with a manual colum!

Given the above information could someone be kind enough to point me in the direction to start checking what I have and what I may need to do next please?

Thank you in advance for any help given.
Let's check to see if you have power to the SZL and the heating steering wheel switch...all you need is a trim tool and pop off the top plastic cover to your steering column, and then the lower half can be removed.

If you take a picture of the lower bottom rear of the SZL, and post, we can determine your next step.
Appreciate 1
ooGQoo0.00