View Single Post
      01-15-2024, 07:50 PM   #449
ToySnakePMC
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 1976 912-6

New to us mineral white metallic 2015

Just a quick hello and thanks for what seems like a great forum of enthusiasts and knowledge-filled supporters. Always been a car guy (Miatas, old air-cooled Porsche, and a few previous BMWs) and found this one for the Mrs. Sold her ‘22 MB GLA250 that had replaced her R52 Mini Cooper S and a clean 128i. The MB just didn’t do it for her, and I had no emotional attachment to that car like her other two that I had performed all servicing and updates. The Merc was sorta blah... Anyway, she loves wagons, and she really enjoyed my prior E46 Touring, Sports Package that I had resurrected from the dead. Great looking project car that the previous owner or two had neglected mechanically.

So, I located this 2015 F31 on autotrader.com Thurs evening 4 hours north of me at a Lexus Dealer in DC area, and struck a deal the next morning. 32k miles, one owner, lots of service records, and a clean CarFax! I flew up the next Monday morning, and had an uneventful drive home. Drove just superb!

I’ve detailed the engine compartment, wheel wells, calipers, wheels, interior, and wash & waxed the pearl white paint. Changing out halogen bulbs to LED, ceramic tinted all windows, ordered Apple Car Play MMI, used eBay cargo cover, and wifey’s favorite brand of floor mats.

She loves the M Sport Brakes, and 18” wheels. But.., she’s thinking the stock height may need an adjustment, lol, lower it!

Anyway, here are a few pics. I’ve spent hours each day here since the purchase, reading up on y’all’s builds and technical concerns. I may have a few questions, but I’ll read and search here before showing my complete ignorance!

Patrick

Appreciate 3
amancuso727.00
jbb0.00
WagonHo573.00