02-02-2024, 11:00 AM   #37
Kaizer84
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorr View Post
Most spot on take.

IMO (I have to stress "my opinion") the M3, especially the xdrive got away from the true M brand once it started reaching 4k lbs.

Same with the M2, it now almost weighs as much as an M4, so why bother with the M2 anyways?

It seems to me that 0-60 and 1/4 times matter more than track performance nowadays. Which makes sense given that tracks are really mostly accessible by more affluent people. Anyone can go to the drag strip.

There is a huuuuge difference between 4000lbs and 3600lbs. A CF roof vs standard roof makes very little difference, although tangible difference.

But again this is a symptom of a larger problem at hand. Who is BMW building “M” cars for? And why are they building them? Why not just make everything a “M” something lol. They have strayed from what gained them so much notoriety and success. So why not start putting carbon fiber roofs, “M” badges on everything to try and capture the magic again and let everyone take part in it- to continue selling cars. Shareholders need profit and cars have to be sold to the masses. . We’ll see how the formula plays out.
Appreciate 0