View Single Post
      02-07-2024, 04:10 PM   #22
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Here's the update:

The tires are on the car. The staff at Costco turned out to be very good. Three different techs complimented me on the car, and they all seemed happy they had the chance to work on it. The youngster that pulled it out of the shop and parked it seemed almost starstruck and kept looking at it as he walked back to the shop. I do the same thing whenever I park it, so now I feel like less of a dork knowing that other people do that too.

The balance job is perfect. The car came back to me clean. No metal missing from the wheels.

I paid close to the same as what I would have paid if I'd gone with my first choice - the Indy 500 - and had it shipped to my usual tire shop for mounting. Now I have nitrogen fill and a 5 year road hazard warranty on some very costly tires. I usually see at least one flat every year on every car I own, so this is going to turn out to be very good for me, I think.

Overall I'm really happy with the decision to go to Costco, and I'm overjoyed with the PS4S. My car looks new inside and out, now it rides like new. Perfect grip, perfect ride, and these must be the quietest tires I've ever owned. I really like the Indy 500 on my wife's M, but they do not hold any benefit over the PS4S.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0