View Single Post
      02-14-2024, 12:35 AM   #5
cole1179
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino56 View Post
I’ve a 2006 330i and have been wondering similarly if oil sensor is going bad or losing oil. I had traditional oil pan leak for a long time and would be occasionally adding oil, I assumed due to leaks. Replaced opg and after a bit got a low oil warning - not sure how long, wasn’t paying attention. I added a qt and a checked and it showed full. A few days later check and it showed 1\2. I didn’t add more oil as worried about overfilling. Now, I will check oil level after driving in garage and it will be varying between 1/2 low and 3/4 low from time to time. Now it’s bouncing between low oil indication and 1/4 low. I’ve read in posts that the oil sensor can’t really fail but perhaps the connectors are getting corroded. I’m thinking I may replace it regardless just to check it off, change oil and starting paying attention to how much oil I’m adding and at what mileage.
Sorry I can’t help - looking for similar advice.
You may be in the same boat as me here, but one piece of advice that I’ve gathered from reading different posts, is that you shouldn’t put more oil in until it tells you to. Like if it’s half way to max, leave it until it gets to the last bar. Not sure why, maybe there was an explanation but I saw quite a few people saying this.
Appreciate 0