03-02-2024, 10:32 AM   #105
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I can only legitimately have one response and that is good for you... lol your choice your cars. We live in a far more consumerist society these days - for good or bad depending on how you look at it... where holding old things doesnt pay off as much as it used to, due to service costs and lower longetivity of items.
Well hold on a sec. Your argument has been that BMWs pre 2015 are POS that do not last long and have lots of service problems. Your contention is 2015 and up BMWs transitioned into the realm of Toyota status with very little problems. So, wouldn't it NOW make sense to run a 2015 BMW for 20 years and 300,000 miles? Wouldn't a post 2015 BMW pay off more to keep it longer than pre-2015 models?

Your position doesn't hold merit. For nearly 60 years BMW has been supplying parts for its cars well past 25 years since the date of the last year of a model's production. I can still get nearly every part for my 27-year-old Z3 as a new part from BMW and for a reasonable price. If BMWs where so poorly made and not long-lasting (prior to 2015), why would BMW continue to supply parts for these cars that are well over 25 years old, especially cars like the Z3 and Z4, which were low volume production cars?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0