View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 12:45 PM   #10
rackhenry
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 128, Porsche Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Sounds like you have a lot of experience being on track. Ive been running at advanced level for several years, primarily at VIR and CMP.

I found the stock rotors/calipers to be inadequate as I pushed harder and braked deeper. They would just overheat even with track pads and fluid. I eventually installed the F30 front calipers/340mm rotors and so far that has been awesome. Still have stock size rear rotors but with the 42mm piston caliper from the e90.

Once I installed the F30 front brakes it really showed the deficiency in the front tension arms. Under heavy braking I'd get a wiggle in the front end as the rubber deflected. I went with German Auto Solutions front tension arm monoballs and it completely cured the wiggle, much more consistent pedal during braking.

Not sure what tires you're planning to run but it is possible to oil starve the N51/52 with 200TW tires and no aero. An oil pan baffle isn't a bad idea, I tracked mine for 4 years without but finally added one this winter.

I've also found that the N51 consumes a good amount of oil when tracking. So keep an eye on the level throughout the day and plan to top it up.
Hi Spidertri,

Amazing post exactly the info I was looking for.

So looks like I am going to start off by replacing the front brakes with the 4 piston 340mm you noted as well as the 42mm rear.. Not going to bother running the stock rotors at all. Question, did you change master cyl? Did you disable the nannies and enable high perf brake coding?

Im going to replace the 4 arms on the front as well. BTW how are the monoballs lasting, ive had some issues on my other car with monoballs wearing out, getting lose. (IDK could have been bad vendor not sure).

As far as oiling thanks for fyi. I was not aware. Ill look into the baffles. I will start out running 200tw, but only short term. Once the car goes on the trailer after its fully built , 100tw or slicks.

I have a N52 car, does it have teh same oil consuption issue?
2007 Exige - Sold - Double Dang it!!
1990 M3 - Sold - Dang it!
Appreciate 0