Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by painsage View Post
Hi all, right now i am buying parts to do EVO retrofit in my 2006 E60. I wanted to ask two things. Can the adapter work with MASK2 faceplate or does it have to be CIC? If it can't, is it possible to change the software on the MASK2 faceplate to work with eNBT, since i see MASK2 and CIC faceplate are identical. Also has anyone gotten the EVO to work with OBD port? Only 4 wires for ethernet and resistor if needed and that's all? I got my eNBT from bmw************** and got the base eNBT adapter, i see it has a pin for steering wheel mode? Does anyone know more about this i don't quite understand it. Thank you
If you got your emulator from Adrian @ Custom Retrofit Garage in Romania then yes, it can work with MASK2 panel. There is a resistor that needa to be removed from the emulator to switch it to work with MASK2 panel. Adrian also works closely with Car Systems in Ukraine so I can only assume their emulators allow for that as well.

As for the OBD port, I never bothered with it, because I had issues coding my unit with the gateway. So my setup has wiring for the gateway and ethernet cable in the glovebox.

I'm not sure what emulator you got, so can't comment on the steering wheel pin... unless that's the one that allows you select some scrolling modes types or something - it makes no difference for me so...

I think you got emulator from Adrian considering all of the above.
Appreciate 0