03-18-2024, 08:51 PM   #5
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariosBMW2024 View Post
Hey folks, a couple of questions. While I was replacing the valve cover gasket as well as the Valve cover I noticed there was rust on the camshaft. Should I be worried? (There are pics to show the rust) I was told to replace the lifters and the camshaft and also I should be concerned with the bearings due to how the engine looks. Also, I'm replacing my plastic valve cover with an aluminum valve cover and I was told that was a bad decision. The aluminum pan tends to warp overtime and it'll start to leak. Has anyone dealt with that issue before? BTW, I'm not the one who put her in this condition. I'm just the guy who purchased her 10 days ago who is trying to revive her.
good grief I'm no mechanic but the very last place you would expect to find any kind of rust and corrosion like that is on the cams! wow and the value springs look sludgy as well. id have to agree with our other forum mates that doesn't look to be a healthy top end.... maybe its had water ingested ....??? does it actually run ? and if so not well id image ....

be interesting to know how it pans out , good luck with it.
Appreciate 0