View Single Post
      03-21-2024, 03:16 PM   #55
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipp View Post
hey - think we got confused. I was suggesting TracTive kits for the guy looking at B16s. I'm not in the market for another suspension kit. not sure if you got different people mixed up or if I was confusing, but sorry if it's the latter.

going off of TracTive's site, they are listed for 3795 eur.

the R1 eTRON and R1 conventional aren't that similar in price. I got my kit for 4200 last year, 5900 is a good chunk higher. at the time, I was eyeballing the TracTives and Ohlins as well, but ended up going with the R1s.

to be clear, my point was that at the price point for the people looking into B16's (mid 3s) it might be worth looking at the TracTives (low 4s after currency conversion) as well if EDC is something they are looking for. for me personally, I felt like the eTRON setups are a bit too pricy - I didn't feel that I would be getting $1700 worth of value out of electronic adjustment, since I don't adjust the suspension very often.

edit: I do agree with you that if you're willing to spring for it, the eTRON setup would probably be the ideal kit to have.
The Tractive Touring would be compared with the Nitron Roadsport. The price in the US is higher than ~$4100. So there’s a few $100 difference. It also depends on whether you go plug-n-play or use their ACE controller (~$500) which is the way I’d go. The R1 is compared to their Trackline DDA + 1-way manually adjustable dampers ~$6100, and the R3 is compared to their Motorsport DDA + 3-way manually adjustable dampers (price not listed).

I was looking at a different price sheet when I quoted the price of the conventional R1 dampers. Low $4k is correct.

The “advantage” of the edc plug-n-play options is that the controller (BMW EDC, Nitron DCU or Tractive ACE; DSC Sport started to develop a controller but stopped because I don’t think the demand is high enough to justify development but the Porsche guys love their DSC controllers!) is doing the adjusting for you in real time (adjustments every 6-10 msec). If you want zero adjustments then the Roadsport version is for you. Personally, I’ll stick with 2W/3W conventional dampers.
Appreciate 0