View Single Post
      04-17-2024, 05:38 PM   #3
herrbrahms
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d, mineral gray

No, however this same setup had worked for 2 1/2 years without any previous complaint. Now I'm getting the fog lamp malfunction bong sometimes every tenth of a mile.

Diode Dynamics was not really set up to bench test the bulb, however I received some further information and advice. Apparently their anti-flicker module is not a resistor providing a dummy load as I had thought, but a capacitor (and IC) smoothing out the voltage. He suggested pulling the negative terminal from the battery for a hard reset, then driving for 20 minutes with the fog lights on in order to "teach" the front electronic module that the bulb in place is drawing the expected amount of power. Hey, maybe it'll work.

I used Carly years ago to code preferences before they invalidated my license and went to the subscription model. I swore off Carly forever at that point.

I haven't coded my modules since. It looks like my only other option is to wait around here for an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to be delivered and sign up for Bimmercode. Ugh, what a cluster.
Appreciate 0