05-07-2024, 02:30 AM   #41
esaru
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Really?
Well technically it’s her car but your sentiment is still entirely accurate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealfromNZ View Post
Ok , mid bass mounting is almost identical. But not sure what door face to door glass clearance would be. Might be more depth.
Looks like OEM would be the only way to do tweeters . Typically the bmw brackets aim the tweeter so it’s towed in towards the listener. Coax speakers could be used for Midbass , but most don’t allow the tweeter to be angled in. So from the seat positions the tweeter response is more off axis and isn’t linear as the treble goes up in
Yeah, the doors are quite limited in terms of potential placement.

I suppose the mirror triangle is the only place where I could do some non-OEM fitting shenanigans. That piece of trim seems quite shallow though so that would require adding additional material. The full diy way of molding, sanding and painting feels too daunting though.

On another note, my battery seems to be on its way out. Tried charging with external charger several times but voltage drops after just a few hours.

How is the amp and audio affected by an underperforming battery? I feel it sounds weaker but that might be placebo. Will replace the battery asap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0