View Single Post
      05-08-2024, 03:22 PM   #4
Peter Morrin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90(sedan) 328xi

xdrive suspension upgrades

A good way to word your question. I strongly suggest reading the referenced article for some guidance. It is the best I have found:

https://dreamingin302ci.blogspot.com...ve-handle.html

The first response has merit. You might want to consider the Powerflex urethane bushinngs for the control arm to chassis bushing (PFF5-5701). Not as solid as the mono-ball but less expensive, less prone to winter corrosion issues, likely less NVH. You should examine the joints of the other front control arms as well as the tie rods while you are in there.

Rear sub-frame bushings are a bear to replace. It took me about 60 hours, but YMMV. I used the Revshift urethane bushings (less expensive from FCP). Less sub-frame movement over bumps on curves, no noticeable increase in NVH.

If your tires need to be replaced, putting money into better rubber is likely good performance value, but durability will likely go down. I run Continental DWS 06 plus in 225/45-17 in the summer and like them as a sporty all-weather tire. I run dedicated snows in the winter.

Outside your budget, but I think the ST coil-overs are perfectly matched to this car for daily sport use. They are the same as the KW 1, but with painted steel bodies rather than stainless. The rear shocks are prone to early failure, so I would consider some Bilstein B8 or Koni when the shock fails. Keep the springs.

Let us know what you end up doing.
Appreciate 0