View Single Post
      09-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #18
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

First thing I noticed when I put the bulbs in is that the two rings are EQUALLY lit. I used to have GP Thunder 8500k's and let me tell you those bulbs would light up the inner ring PERFECTLY (as you can see in the pics) however the outer ring was lacking light. With the new design of RD's LEDs, both rings are lit equally.

All pics were taken in DIRECT sunlight.

As you see in this first pic, the outer ring is beautifully lit and equal to the inner ring.

Secondly, I remembered that with the GP Thunders, when you turned on the front headlights the angel eyes would dim so I did a little test... Proud to say that with the new LED angel eyes the light output with the headlights on and off is exactly the same! They do not change at all!!

In these three pics, you can see how on the GP Thunders the inner ring is super bright but the outside ring is barely noticable. Also the ring turns a bit yellowish with the headlights on.
With the RD LED's, both rings are lit up equally and it has a nice blue/white tone to it that matches the xenon headlights.

GP Thunder 8500k (Headlights on):

RD LED's (Headlights on):

Comparison of GP THUNDER VS RD (Headlights on):

Lastly, the color output is amazing. With the GP Thunder at different angles you get different colors and often wierd ones too! They're not pure white either have a unique hue to them. With the LED's it's a PURE blue/white 7000k color all throughout the angel eyes!
Appreciate 0